[Linux-cluster] sharing attr on clustered volume -- cannot see open attribute

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 12:01:35 UTC 2011

On 10/14/2011 11:07 AM, Daniele Palumbo wrote:
> Il giorno 14/ott/2011, alle ore 05.56, Fabio M. Di Nitto ha scritto:
>> What kind of shared storage are you using? Filesystem on top of lvm?
>
> i am using 2 local disk, exported via vblade (i have an aoe storage, this is the test environment).
>
> on top of that right does not matter for me which fs, cause it will be used also by xen hvm (let say also ntfs).
> anyway, tested with ext3 and reiserfs.
> (but i think i will get a RTFM as you write down your questions ;( )

Well yes you have a lot of RTFM to do.

This setup looks very wrong and there is a lot of work on the storage
side you need to do.

I am not even sure where to start, but a few simple points:

1) you need to use proper shared storage. AOE is fine, but use the real
one. not 2 local disks exported, because that's never going to work.

2) if you want to use clvmd, all nodes *must* see the same storage

3) you need a cluster filesystem such as GFS2. ext3 and reiserfs are not
cluster fs. If you mounted any of those on both nodes, I strongly
recommend recreateing the fs and restore data from a backup.

Fabio