[Linux-cluster] redhat cluster running on debian 6.

Joey L mjh2000 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:30:34 UTC 2011

> I don't use apache, so I can't speak to that resource agent's config. I can
> say though that overall it looks okay with two exceptions.
>
> You *must* configure fencing for the cluster to work properly. Even without
> shared storage, a node failure will trigger a fence call which, because it
> can't succeed, will leave your cluster hung hard.
>
> Change the cluster names to the output of `uname -n` (should be the FQDN).

i looked at the docs - i think it says fencing is not required.
I do not have any sofisticated fencing devices on my network - so it
would not help anyways ??
Or do you have a solution in that scenerio ??
Have you used Heartbeat ?
It looks a lot less complicated then RH Cluster and seems like there
are more docs and vidoes on the net.
Do you have a simple cluster.conf file that I can use to see if I am
setting this up correctly?
I do not see the any of my shared services when i look at my node in
the members tab.

thanks
mjh