[Linux-cluster] manually stopping system-service (part of a cluster service) and rgmanager doesn't start it again

Masopust, Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Tue Oct 18 16:47:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have the following rgmanager configuration:

                <resources>
                        <ip address="<my-cluster-ip>" monitor_link="on" sleeptime="1"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/clearcase" name="clearcase"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/flexlm" name="flexlm"/>
                </resources>

                <service autostart="1" domain="lic2_primary" exclusive="0" name="Licenses" recovery="relocate">
                        <ip ref="<my-cluster-ip>">
                                <script ref="clearcase"/>
                                <script ref="flexlm"/>
                        </ip>
                </service>
Today one of our (not cluster-aware :) ) colleagues manually stopped flexlm by "service flexlm stop".

What I've expected to happen is, that rgmanager detects the stopped flexlm-service and either restarts it
or relocates the complete cluster-service to my other node, but nothing happened.  In rgmanager.log I can
see lots of calls of "/etc/init.d/flexlm status", but no action of restart or relocate.

What's going wrong here?   Or is this behaviour ok?

Thanks a lot,
Christian