[Linux-cluster] Issue with NFS exports and "loopback" NFS mounts as RHCS resources on attempted resource release

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Thu Oct 27 14:26:18 UTC 2011

Hi Raj,

yes, I know this SAP on RHCS document and have thouroughly read
it (I myself supplied the link in my initial posting).
But as I already wrote NFS isn't addressed in this document.
Instead it reads on page 32, Section 8.3.3 "NFS Mounted File
Systems", 2nd paragraph:

"It is possible but not recommended or supported to run an NFS
server within the cluster. This
leads to a re-mount scenario in which the cluster node exporting
the NFS filesystems remounts
the same NFS exports. In low memory situations, the NFS server
and client can
negatively impact system stability."

Besides, I don't have a "low memory situation", especially not
now during my setting up and testing, and this box has almost
48GB RAM.
Instead it simply doesn't seem to work at all!
I know I should show them SAP admins this paragraph, and ask them
why they are trying to hold me accountable for not working
features or being deemed inapt to configure a cluster properly
for requested layouts the clustering software (viz. its agents)
isn't fit to deliver.
But this is the usual battle with users and customers, and I
already was coerced into violating cluster software just to make
it work as the customer thinks it ought to work a, couple of
times.

[root at alsterneu:/etc/cluster]
# free -g
             total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:            47          4         42          0          0
3
-/+ buffers/cache:          0         46
Swap:           19          0         19

service.

> IIRC, There is a document for Redhat subscribers (I have not
been one)
> about configuring HA SAP services in the KB.
>
> Have you checked that out?
>
> Well, I apologise if the above info is wrong.
>
> But I had downloaded it for few partners and subscribers
sometime (>