[Linux-cluster] "Invalid resource" starting KVM guest with clusvcadm

Michael Morgan mmorgan at dca.net
Thu Sep 1 20:58:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 05:45:29PM -0400, Michael Morgan wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have a 2 node KVM cluster under Scientific Linux 6.1. Starting guests
> works fine through virsh, virt-manager, and even rg_test. When I try to
> use clusvcadm however:
>
> [root at node1 ~]# clusvcadm -e vm:test
> Local machine trying to enable vm:test...Invalid operation for resource

After poring through vm.sh and adding some logging I see that clusvcadm
on the bad cluster is running "vm.sh status" and fails after "virsh
domstate test". Both rg_test on the bad cluster and clusvcadm on a
working cluster run "vm.sh start" which correctly follows up with "virsh
create /mnt/shared/xml/test.xml". I can't think of any reason why this
would be happening though.

--
Michael Morgan
mmorgan at dca.net