[Linux-cluster] dlm: dev_write no op 48479213 18508

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Sat Sep 3 05:09:11 UTC 2011

On 09/03/2011 12:34 AM, Thomas Sjolshagen wrote:
> I've been getting:
>
> dlm: dev_write no op 48479213 18508
>
> in dmesg output after I've upgraded to the latest Fedora 15 cluster
> packages.

We already have a fix for this message. It is a miscommunication between
kernel and dlm_controld. My understanding is that it is harmless. (see
bz731775 for more details)

> After a while, my GFS2 file system(s) stop responding. I can't prove a
> connection between the two, but was wondering if there is any reason to
> believe there could be?

It is probably unrelated but I strongly recommend you file a bug against
gfs2-utils in fedora so that the gfs2 maintainers can look at it.

Fabio