[Linux-cluster] replacing HBA

Keith Schincke keith.schincke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 22:50:56 UTC 2011

Hmmm. The UUID of the physical volume should be written to disk (sdj) or
partition (sdj1) depending on your design.
kpartx should not care about the data on the disk (ie your UUID) when it
makes the mpathXpY entries.

Hopefully what will happen will be
- install your hba and zone the SAN as necessary
- enable multipathd and restart. This should create the mpathX entries.
multipath -ll will list the paths and disks
- run kpartx -a to add needed mpathXpY entries. I do not know if this runs
on startup.
- reboot and see if you can mount the LVM.

If all goes right, pvdisplay should display the multipath devices of your
PVs.