[Linux-cluster] Manual multicasting address for CMAN bug

Matthew Painter matthew.painter at kusiri.com
Mon Sep 26 15:55:11 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up a cluster of 3 on Red Hat 6.1 using a cisco
switch, and therefore a fixed multicast address - 239.192.15.224 in this
case.

All the docs etc. say to add to the cluster.conf:

        <cman>
                <multicast addr="239.192.15.224"/>
        </cman>

This seems to work and a cman_tool status brings back the correct multicast
address, but has a Quorum status of "Activity Blocked", because the culster
nodes never join.

*However* if I manually run "cman_tool leave" and then "cman_tool join -m
239.192.15.224", the nodes can see each other.

Does anyone know if this is this a known issue? I can't find any information
about it.

Thanks for all your help :)

Matt