[Linux-cluster] Step by Step installation process of Clustering in Linux

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Apr 15 18:21:45 UTC 2012

On 04/15/2012 01:59 PM, kailash kumawat wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can you send me the step by step installation and configuration process
> of Clustering in rhel5
>
> --
> Regards
> *Kailash Kumawat*
> System Admin
> 09167396313

There are many, many types of clusters out there. What kind of cluster
are you trying to build? Also, if this is a new project, why not use
RHEL 6? There have been many, many improvements plus the support for
RHEL 6 will go on for much longer.

That said; I have two tutorials for building VH clusters. An old one
using Xen on RHEL 5, which I don't recommend for modern MS Windows guests:

https://alteeve.com/w/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial

If you can switch up to RHEL 6, I have a much newer, much better
tutorial for a VM cluster using KVM, which also adds redundant
networking and works very well with all MS Windows guests;

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

HTH

--
Digimer