[Linux-cluster] clvmd problems with centos 6.3 or normal clvmd behaviour?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:15:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 16:26:38 +0200 emmanuel segura wrote:
> Why you don't remove expected_votes=3 and let the cluster automatic calculate that

Thanks for your answer Emmanuel, but cman starts correctly, while the
problem seems related to
vgchange -aly
command hanging.
But I tried that option too and the cluster hangs at the same point as before.

>From logs posted before I only noticed

In messages:
Aug  1 15:46:14 udevd[663]: worker [9379] failed while handling
'/devices/virtual/block/dm-15'

and in fenced.log
Aug 01 15:43:09 fenced failed to get dbus connection

Currently I'm using default 6.3 lvm.conf apart

filter = [ "a|^/dev/mapper/mpath*|", "a|^/dev/cciss/*|",
"a|^/dev/mapper/VolGroup*|", "r/.*/" ]

locking_type = 3

The server is HP and has the internal disk recognized as /dev/cciss/c0d0
I have /usr, /var and other fs configured in non clustered VolGroup00
on internal disk.
I don't think it can create problems.
Attached an image of lvm early start with internal disk lvm activated
and cluster vgs skipped...

Gianluca