[Linux-cluster] Creating two different cluster using same set of nodes.

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 04:36:27 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 07:26 PM, Zama Ques wrote:

>      Is it not going to be a useful feature if we allow same nodes to be
> used in different clusters ?

Even if we leave aside the fact that a lot of code would need to be
rewritten and retested, it's a feature that would benefit very users, at
the cost of making the management of the cluster extremely more
complicated for the user and you gain nothing in HA terms.

At the end of the day it is cheaper to buy an extra node and have two
separate clusters.

Fabio