[Linux-cluster] Creating two different cluster using same set of nodes.

Zama Ques queszama at yahoo.in
Fri Aug 3 17:32:09 UTC 2012

________________________________
 From: Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net>
To: Zama Ques <queszama at yahoo.in>; linux clustering <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
Cc: Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>
Sent: Thursday, 2 August 2012 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Creating two different cluster using same set of nodes.

Hi,

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 22:54:49 +0800 (SGT), Zama Ques <queszama at yahoo.in>
wrote:

> =====
> Cluster Name: ClusterA
>
> Node1: system1.example.com   Priority:1 in Failover Domain
> Node2: system2.example.com   Priority:2  in Failover Domain
>
> File System Resource : /data1 - An ext3 file system
>
> =====
>
> Cluster Name : ClusterB
>
> Node1: system1.example.com   Priority:2  in Failover Domain
> Node2: system2.example.com   Priority:1  in Failover Domain
>
> File System Resource : /data2 - An ext3 file system
>

> Why not having ClusterA with two failover domains? You do not need two
> clusters - just two failover domains.

Tried as suggested by kaloyan by creating two failover domains instead of trying to create two clusters. One Node (e.g system1 ) has higher priority in one  failover domain and the other node (system2 ) has higher priority in the other failover domain. With this both the nodes are in active state which we are trying to achieve .

Thanks All for all the replies and suggestions.

Thanks
Zaman