[Linux-cluster] clvmd hangs

Chip Burke CBurke at innova-partners.com
Tue Aug 7 06:43:46 UTC 2012

Ok, I have update my config but it seems to fail when unfencing itself.
fence_node -U fails as well as it can't find cman and cman fails because
it can't unfence. A bit of a catch 22. SoŠ

# fence_node -U
fence_node: cannot connect to cman

New config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="7" name="Xanadu">
	<clusternodes>
		<clusternode name="xanadunode1" nodeid="1">
			<fence>
				<method name="Method">
				<device name="SCSI_Fence"/>
				</method>
			</fence>
			<unfence>
                                <device action="on" name="SCSI_Fence"/>
                        </unfence>
		</clusternode>
		<clusternode name="xanadunode2" nodeid="2">
			<fence>
				<method name="Method">
				<device name="SCSI_Fence"/>
				</method>
			</fence>
			<unfence>
                                <device action="on" name="SCSI_Fence"/>
                        </unfence>
		</clusternode>
	</clusternodes>
	<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
	<fencedevices>
		<fencedevice agent="fence_scsi" name="SCSI_Fence"/>
	</fencedevices>
</cluster>

Additionally these errors are being thrown to the console.

dlm: no local IP address has been set
dlm: cannot start dlm lowcomms -107

Thanks!