[Linux-cluster] password change of master and slave node

GouNiNi gounini.geekarea at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:07:31 UTC 2012

In RH Cluster Suite, communication between luci interface and the cluster nodes pass through ricci agent.

In RHEL5, ricci password is the root password of your node. Changing your root password (using "passwd") will change the authentication in luci (it will be broken and have to be fixed).

In RHEL6, ricci password is password of ricci system user. You can change it with "passwd ricci". You will have to fix this password too in luci.

Simplest way to change password in luci on both version is to delete cluster and nodes from luci and readd your cluster using "Add an existing cluster".

Regards,

--
  .`'`.   GouNiNi
 :  ': :