[Linux-cluster] Help needed for mysql cluster

Rajendra Roka rajenddra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:18:34 UTC 2012

Currently we have mysql cluster running in RHEL 6.3 with 2 vmware guest and
using a single share storage through RDM(Raw Device Mapping)

We don't need high performance multi master environment, but we want to
enable high availablity just incase of one server goes down for mentenence
or any other purpose second node takes over.

Current configuration is working fine since we have a single data store but
that's preventing the functionality of V-Motion in Vmware environment.

To avoid this problem, I would like to develop a cluster with local
storage(i.e. vm's local storage rather than using RDM). Our databases are
not really bigger and we never have performance issue here.

Is there any way we can have 2 identical copies of mysql database so if
master/primary node goes down another one takes over? I don't care if there
is right solution in master/slave mysql environment.

as long as that works in high avaliablity. I've heard about DRBD but not
sure if that is the right solution in database environment.

Please help.