[Linux-cluster] Help needed for mysql cluster

Rajendra Roka rajenddra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:36:33 UTC 2012

I don't mean to use mixed system. I am currently using 2 node redhat
cluster in vmware with RDM. The reason behind this is high avaliabliy in
MySQL. Not sure how Vmware able to handle the high availabily in this case?
How can I make 2 nodes MySQL servers in vmware  that runs in failover mode
without using Redhat or DRBD cluster ??

We want 2 nodes just in-case if we need to perform maintenance in one node
another node takes over. We want identical copy in each box since we will
not have direct access to iSCSI or storage. The idea is to get rid the RDM
device. We don't want in load balance mode but master/slave works for our
environment.

I found problem with DRBD implementation here since we have only one nic
card(vlan) patched in this box.

Please suggest.