[Linux-cluster] DLM locks forever

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at schwartzkopff.org
Fri Aug 31 14:07:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to create a cluster the Red Hat style. I am using cman t ostart
services like fenced, dlm_controld, gfs_controld and corosync.

At the moment I do not have fencing implemented. I start the fenced with the
option "-c" because we start the cluster only manually. Basically we want to
use a GFS2 file system.

Everything works fine up to this point.

But in a split-brain situation both nodes wait for the fencing forever. This
would be OK. The admin could poweroff one machine. But how can I release the
lock on the other machine because it is still waiting for the success of the
fencing.

Is there any command that tells the fenced on the surviving machine that
fencing was done manually and it can continue with its operation?

Thanks for hints.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63