[Linux-cluster] Netapp snapdrive connect doesn't like clustered volumes

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 08:02:59 UTC 2012

Hello, I was evaluating migration from a rhel 5.8 two node cluster with
services based on ha-lvm to a clvmd one.
I'm using netapp storage with snapshot technology.
I quiesce db, then make a snapshot and then a third server connects to the
flashcopy volume, with "snapdrive connect" command and makes a backup of
the db.
Passing to clvmd, the command fails because it tries to do a vgimport and
returns error because it is a clustered volume.
The operation is atomic, so I didn't find a way to only present the lun and
run manual command...
Any suggestion about working at origin and temporarily disable cluster flag
before snapshot?
Or other ones with similar problems?
Thanks in advance
Gianluca