[Linux-cluster] Moving Physical extents from one PV to another in a clustered environement.

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Thu Dec 13 02:46:15 UTC 2012

Hugo Lombard a écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 02:30:57PM -0500, Nicolas Ross wrote:
>>> AFAICR on CentOS 5 I had to install cmirror and the applicable
>>> kmod-cmirror, make sure the cmirror service was started, and then pvmove
>>> did it's thing.
>> Do I need to start it on all nodes ? For now, it's not installed at all.
>>
> Yes, I think you have to.

I can't still do it...

I had to deactivate the LV, and activate it exclusivly on one node, and
issue the pvmove, and I still get :

   Error locking on node node206.lan: device-mapper: create ioctl on
VGa-pvmove0 failed: Device or resource busy
   Failed to suspend logicalvolumename
   ABORTING: Volume group metadata update failed. (first_time: 1)

Regards,