[Linux-cluster] CCSD ipv6 bind failures

Ashish G ashish.ext123 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:33:33 UTC 2012

hi Fabio,
            Thanks for your replies.

> "Unable to bind to backend ipv6 socket, but inet_ntop returned NULL
> pointer: Address already in use"
This issue is not seen always. We see this problem when our application is
run for the first time after it is installed. cman start fails as a result
of these logs since ccsd fails and it keeps retrying. Rebooting the node
helped us get rid of the logs.
Its possible that ipv6 module did not load when binding was attempted. But
if you look at the log, it says binding failed for "backend" port (50007).
Under normal running of system, netstat does not list this port number
against ccsd. Instead frontend (50006) and cluster_base_port (50008) are
listed. Any idea why backend port binding is attempted and that too only
when our application is freshly installed and run?

Regards,
Ashish