[Linux-cluster] HA-LVM Configuration & Snapshots

Redding, Erik erik.redding at txstate.edu
Mon Feb 13 22:37:14 UTC 2012

I'm using HA-LVM setup, without the clvm bits, but the legacy style.  So far, rgmanager is doing a good job of managing LVM tags.  My config was a bit odd because of some extra resources I have configured, but basically it means you use the volume_list parameter to pin a VG to a host.   I had two vg's on both nodes that are exclusive to the machines so that's what went in my volume_list parameter.

additional tip: remember to rebuild your initrd with "dracut -f" after every edit of lvm.conf - rgmanager does a sanity check against the mtime of both before it'll start an LVM resource.

Erik Redding
Systems Programmer, RHCE
Core Systems
Texas State University-San Marcos