[Linux-cluster] CLVM/GFS2 distributed locking

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 09:59:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 14:39 +0100, Stevo Slavić wrote:
> Hello RedHat Linux cluster community,
>
> I'm in process of configuring shared filesystem storage master/slave
> Apache ActiveMQ setup. For it to work, it requires reliable
> distributed locking - master is node that holds exclusive lock on a
> file on shared filesystem storage.

How does it do this locking? There are several possible ways this might
be done, and some will work better than others.

> On RHEL (5.4), using CLVM with GFS2 is one of the options that should
> work.
Why are you using RHEL 5.4 and not something more recent? Note that if
you are a Red Hat customer, then you should contact our support team who
will be very happy to assist.

> Third party configured the CLVM/GFS2. I'd like to make sure that
> distributed locking works OK.
> What are my options for verifying this?

I think we need to verify which type of locking the application uses
before we can answer this,

Steve.