[Linux-cluster] centos5 to RHEL6 migration

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Jan 9 04:51:54 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 10:31 PM, Terry wrote:
> If it's not practical, am I left with building a new cluster from scratch?

I don't know enough to say either way. I'd strongly suggest talking to
Red hat, as you have a subscription, and ask them for advice. It might
cost a bit, but I am certain it will save you trouble and money in the
long wrong.

Alternatively, use some spare machines to mock-up the current cluster
and then test-upgrade. It might work flawlessly, I genuinely don't know.
I do know that a good attempt was made at on-wire compatibility, I just
don't know if it's actually been used in production, so I was erring on
the side of caution.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron