[Linux-cluster] rhel 6.2 network bonding interface in cluster environment

SATHYA - IT sathyanarayanan.varadharajan at precisionit.co.in
Mon Jan 9 05:12:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your mail. I herewith attaching the bonding and eth configuration
files. And on the /var/log/messages during the fence operation we can get
the logs updated related to network only in the node which fences the other.

Server 1 NIC 1:  (eth2)

DEVICE="eth2"
HWADDR="3C:D9:2B:04:2D:7A"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none

Server 1 NIC 4: (eth5)

DEVICE="eth5"
HWADDR="3C:D9:2B:04:2D:80"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none

Server 1 NIC 2: (eth3)

DEVICE="eth3"
HWADDR="3C:D9:2B:04:2D:7C"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
MASTER=bond1
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none

Server 1 NIC 3:

DEVICE="eth4"
HWADDR="3C:D9:2B:04:2D:7E"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
ONBOOT="yes"
MASTER=bond1
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none

Server 1 Bond0: (Public Access)

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0

DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.129.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.129.1
USERCTL=no
ONBOOT=yes
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=0"

Server 1 Bond1: (Heartbeat)

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond1

DEVICE=bond1
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=10.0.0.10
NETMASK=255.0.0.0
USERCTL=no
ONBOOT=yes
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=1"

On the log messages,

Jan  3 14:46:07 filesrv2 kernel: bnx2 0000:04:00.0: eth4: NIC Copper Link is
Down
Jan  3 14:46:07 filesrv2 kernel: bnx2 0000:03:00.1: eth3: NIC Copper Link is
Down
Jan  3 14:46:07 filesrv2 kernel: bonding: bond1: link status definitely down
for interface eth3, disabling it
Jan  3 14:46:07 filesrv2 kernel: bonding: bond1: now running without any
active interface !
Jan  3 14:46:07 filesrv2 kernel: bonding: bond1: link status definitely down
for interface eth4, disabling it
Jan  3 14:46:10 filesrv2 kernel: bnx2 0000:03:00.1: eth3: NIC Copper Link is
Up, 1000 Mbps full duplex, receive & transmit flow control ON
Jan  3 14:46:10 filesrv2 kernel: bond1: link status definitely up for
interface eth3, 1000 Mbps full duplex.
Jan  3 14:46:10 filesrv2 kernel: bonding: bond1: making interface eth3 the
new active one.
Jan  3 14:46:10 filesrv2 kernel: bonding: bond1: first active interface up!
Jan  3 14:46:10 filesrv2 kernel: bnx2 0000:04:00.0: eth4: NIC Copper Link is
Up, 1000 Mbps full duplex, receive & transmit flow control ON
Jan  3 14:46:10 filesrv2 kernel: bond1: link status definitely up for
interface eth4, 1000 Mbps full duplex.

Thanks

Sathya Narayanan V
Solution Architect