[Linux-cluster] rhel 6.2 network bonding interface in cluster environment

Alan Brown ajb2 at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 14:07:21 UTC 2012

On 09/01/12 13:23, SATHYA - IT wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Corosync (heartbeat) network is not connected to switch. The network is
> connected between server to server directly.

See my comment about direct hookups. My experience is that they are
prone to playing up for no apparent reason (NICs simply aren't designed
or tested well enough for this kind of connection mode)

Managed Gb Switches are pretty cheap compared to the hours you'll waste
trying to make it go. Put a couple in between the servers.