[Linux-cluster] Halt nodes in cluster with cable disconnect

Miguel Angel Guerrero kortux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:57:57 UTC 2012

Hi i'm trying to setup a centos cluster with two nodes with cman, drbd,
gfs2 and i'm using ipmi for fencing. DRBD is set up between the nodes using
a dedicated interface. So, when I unplug the drbd network cable, both nodes
power off immediatly (i tried using crossover cable and both nodes
connected to a switch, but both scenarios fail), and the logs doesn't seem
to show something useful. In a previous thread on this list, it is
recommended to deactivate ACPID daemon, even at BIOS level, but I'm still
having troubles.

If I simulate a physical disconnection with ifdown command in some node,
this node reboots with no hassle, but unpluging the cable kills both nodes.
I think the first scenario is correct, but the second one is not what I
expect.

Thanks for your help the next are my cluster.conf

  <?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="2" name="WSGClust">
        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="wsguardian1" nodeid="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="wsguardian1_ipmi">
                                        <device name="ipmi1"
action="reboot"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="wsguardian2" nodeid="2">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="wsguardian2_ipmi">
                                        <device name="ipmi2"
action="reboot"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="192.168.201.220"
lanplus="1" login="ADMIN" name="ipmi1" passwd="itac321"/>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="192.168.201.186"
lanplus="1" login="ADMIN" name="ipmi2" passwd="itac321"/>
        </fencedevices>
</cluster>

--
Att: