[Linux-cluster] Few queries about fence working
jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Wed Jan 25 07:50:32 UTC 2012
Hi all ,
I have few queries about fence working.
I am using 2 different the 2 node cluster with Dell and IBM hardware in
two different IDC.
Recently I came across the network failure problem at different time and
I found my 2 nodes are power off state.
Below is how the situation happened with my 2 different 2 node cluster.
With 2 node IBM node cluster with SAN :--
1) Network connectivity was failed totally for few minutes.
2) And as per the /var/log/messages both servers failed to fence to
each other and both server was UP as it is with all services.
3) But the "clustat" was showing serves are not in cluster mode and
"regmanger" status was stop.
4) I simply reboot the server.
5) After that I found both server in power off stat.
with another 2 node Dell server with DRBD :--
1) Network connectivity was failed totally.
2) DRAC ip was unavailable so fence failed from both server.
3) after some time I fond the servers are shutdown.
In normal conditions both cluster work properly
my queries are now :--
1) What could be the reason for power off ?
2) Does cluster's fencing method caused for the power off of server (
i.e because of previous failed fence ) ?
3) Is there any test cases mentioned on net / blog / wiki about the
fence , i.e different situation under which fence works.
Thanks & Regards
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux-cluster