[Linux-cluster] $OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED - recovers service on another cluster node

Parvez Shaikh parvez.h.shaikh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 09:03:22 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I am using Red Hat Cluster Suite which comes with RHEL 5.5 -

cman_tool version
>>6.2.0 config xxx

Now I have a script resource in which I return $OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED; in case
of a Fatal irrecoverable error, hoping that my service would not start on
another cluster node.

But I see that cluster, relocates it to another cluster node and attempts
to start it.

I referred error code documentation from
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/dev-guides/_return_codes.html

Is there any return code which makes RHCS to give up on recovering service?

Thanks