[Linux-cluster] Halt nodes in cluster with cable disconnect

Miguel Angel Guerrero kortux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:51:27 UTC 2012

Hi Digimer and Emmanuel

I was trying some tests with my cluster configuration and, in short:

1. I think something's wrong with my configuration, because when a
real desconnection (i.e. unplug the cable) happens on the node which
does not have the sleep in the script (node A), the other node (node
B) is always stonith'ed, when obviously the node which should reboot
is the node A. This important to me because I want to know how the
cluster should behave when a fail over the switch port or the NIC
occurs.

2.  @Emmanuel, could you point me to redhat's documentation about
this? I tried your solution as this:

<fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="10" post_join_delay="30"/>

But still failed, tthere is another way?

3. Another solution in this thread is to add a quorum disk to the
cluster. I began to make this with this manual
http://www.skau.dk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34:rhcs-cluster-using-iscsi&catid=4:cases-to-explain&Itemid=3

But I need to replicate the data using only two nodes, and it seems
that this solution requires three. Could somebody tell me if I'm doing
it fine/wrong? This causes conflicts when using DRBD?

--
Atte: