[Linux-cluster] Halt nodes in cluster with cable disconnect

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Jan 27 20:09:11 UTC 2012

On 01/27/2012 12:23 PM, Miguel Angel Guerrero wrote:
> In this scenario do you  know how i can do an explict ping to a
> gateway to add a additional fencing condition?

Not really, no. If you had a proper SAN, you could use heuristics with
qdisk, but as I said, that's not safe on DRBD.

If you really wanted to, you could modify the obliterate-peer.sh to do a
ping and only proceed if it resolves, which would help, but even then it
isn't reliable if your ping goes over a different network. You would
have to make sure that the target was on the same subnet as the
storage/DRBD interface.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com