[Linux-cluster] CLVM in a 3-node cluster

urgrue urgrue at bulbous.org
Tue Jul 3 11:06:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012, at 06:04, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> CLVM requires a consistent view of the storage from all nodes in the
> cluster. This is by design.
>
> A storage failure during operations (aka you start with all nodes able
> to access the storage and then downgrade) is handle correctly.

Ok, I understand. I find it a little curious though, since I don't see
what the risk is in allowing startup as long as the cluster is quorate.
Imagine you have a multi-node cluster that suffers a total outage - a
wider infrastructure problem or some kind for example - and upon
recovery one node is still out of the cluster for whatever reason.
It's pretty common in my experience that larger outages result in many
smaller resulting issues that take a while to clean-up.