[Linux-cluster] [TOTEM] The consensus timeout expired.

Parvez Shaikh parvez.h.shaikh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:09:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a cluster with two blades in IBM  BladeCenter. Following error is
appearing when I start cman service and it keep repeating the message
/var/log/messages -

 openais[10770]: [TOTEM] The consensus timeout expired.
 openais[10770]: [TOTEM] entering GATHER state from 3.

Heart beating IP is available on the blade and link to blade2 is also fine.
Cluster on blade2 is not running.

Services like iptables and portmap are also down.

Has anyone encountered such error and resolved it?

I am using RHEL 5.5

cman_tool version
> 6.2.0 config 1

Thanks,