[Linux-cluster] linux-cluster

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Oct 2 14:03:06 UTC 2012

This talks about how manual fencing isn't actual fencing;

https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/Fence

There was a page where it was said that manual fencing was in no way
supported, but I can't find it at the moment.

The reason it is not safe is that an admin is likely to issue it in a
panic while trying to get a hung cluster back online. If this happens
without first ensuring the peer node(s) is fenced, you can walk into a
split-brain.

digimer

--
Digimer
Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.ca
"Hydrogen is just a colourless, odorless gas which, if left alone in