[Linux-cluster] Getting started with cLVM

Eric epretorious at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 20:41:00 UTC 2012

I've been reading about cLVM and I'm having a difficult time getting my mind wrapped around The Big Picture.

Looking at Figure 1.2, “CLVM Overview, of  the Red Hat LVM Administrator Guide I'm a bit puzzled. Specifically: Are storage devices exported directly to cLVM daemons? Or are LV's exported directly to cLVM daemonds for consumption? Or will another shared-disk protocol (e.g., GNBD or iSCSI) be required for "the last mile"?

Eric Pretorious
Truckee, CA