[Linux-cluster] CMAN nodes in different LANs

Terance Dias terance at socialtwist.com
Thu Oct 18 06:44:30 UTC 2012

Sorry I did not give much context of what I'm trying to do.

I'm trying to set up a cluster of nodes running apache qpid as mentioned in
the documentation
here<http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Active_Passive_Cluster.html>
The documentation says that cluster mechanism uses cman and rgmanager but
does not directly depend on openais or corosync and does not use
multicasting. It also says "Replication to a *disaster recovery* site can
be handled as simply another node in the cluster, it does not require a
separate replication mechanism" . I think by "disaster recovery site" it
means a different network. I'm very new to clustering so I just wanted to
know if it is possible to use cman and rgmanager with cluster nodes in
different networks.

Thanks,
Terance.