[Linux-cluster] GFS2

Kveri kveri at kveri.com
Sun Sep 2 00:11:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

we're using gfs2 on drbd, we created cluster in incomplete state (only 1 node). When doing dd if=/dev/zero of=/gfs_partition/file we get filesystem freezes every 1-2 minutes for 10-20 seconds, I mean every filesystem on that machine freezes, doing ls /etc hangs in D state for 10-20 seconds. Sometimes this hang last for more than 2 minutes and hung task message gets logged in dmesg.

iotop shows gfs2_logd and flush-XXX:X kernel process taking 99% io resources.

GFS is mounted with rw,noatime,nodiratime,hostdata=jid=0 options.

gettune options:
quota_warn_period = 10
quota_quantum = 60
max_readahead = 262144