[Linux-cluster] Migrate VMs between two clusters

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Apr 24 10:12:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Ralf Aumueller
> <Ralf.Aumueller at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> probably my first description was not clear enough. We have two
>> "two-node-clusters" and I want to migrate a VM from cluster1 to cluster2
>> (Not
>> from node1 to node2).
>

> I am afraid it may not be possible

Sure it is.

As long as:
- those clusters have access to same storage, on the same path (Ralf
already said they share an nfs server, so it should be OK)
- those clusters have access to the same network, with the same bridge name.
- cluster software (or to be exact, the script used to monitor whether
the VM is up or not) is smart enough to detect the VM is already up,
and NOT try to start it again.

--
Fajar