[Linux-cluster] gfs2 fs

Andrew Price anprice at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 16:35:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 20/08/13 17:18, AKIN ÿffffffffffd6ZTOPUZ wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I want to create gfs2     using    mkfs.gfs2  -p lock_dlm  -j 3 -t    "lock table name"    /dev/vg_name/lv_name .................  , I am taking an error like that :
>
> More than one device specified (try -h for help)  .
>
> linux is working on vm  platform .
>
> have you  got  any ideas?

The lock table name should be of the form clustername:fsname, so you
probably want something like:

   mkfs.gfs2 -p lock_dlm -j 3 -t mycluster:myfs /dev/vg_name/lv_name

The cluster name should match the cluster name in your cluster
configuration. See the mkfs.gfs2 man page and cluster docs for more details.

Andy