[Linux-cluster] GFS without creating a cluster

Zama Ques queszama at yahoo.in
Thu Jan 3 10:00:46 UTC 2013

Hi All ,

Need few clarification regarding GFS.

I need to create a shared file system for our servers . The servers will write to the shared file system at the same time and there is no requirement for a cluster .

Planning to use GFS but GFS requires cluster software to be running . My confusion here is If I just run the cluster software ( cman etc ) without creating a cluster , will I be able to configure and run GFS2. Also , is it possible to write to a GFS file system from many servers at the same time ?

Will be great if somebody can clarify by doubts.

Thanks in Advance
Zaman