[Linux-cluster] Getting error in luci

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 17:08:17 UTC 2013

Hello Vishesh,

On 14/07/13 17:58 +0530, Vishesh kumar wrote:
> I am getting below error in luci web interface. Can you please let
> me know the reasons for same

[following slightly modified in-place]

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> An error occurred during the creation of cluster "vk" while updating the
> luci database: An operation previously failed, with traceback:
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 504,
>   in __bootstrap
>   self.__bootstrap_inner()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532,
>   in __bootstrap_inner
>   self.run()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484,
>   in run
>   self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/paste/httpserver.py", line 878,
>   in worker_thread_callback
>   runnable()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/paste/httpserver.py", line 1052,
>   in [reconstructed: process_request]
>   [reconstructed:
>    self.process_request_in_thread(request, client_address)]
> [from now on, cannot be reconstructed reliably but expecting up to
> tens of subsequent frames]
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If I understand it correctly, this is what you get directly in the
luci interface.  As you can see, the traceback is not complete, but
it may get trimmed somewhere on the way from source to the web browser
(side question: is the snippet you provided really complete, i.e.,
not followed by the rest of expected traceback?).

Anyway, authoritative source to check for details about the problems
in luci is its log file located at /var/log/luci/luci.log by default.
Could you please watch this file while reproducing the issue (best
by issuing "tail -f /var/log/luci/luci.log" in a separete terminal)
and provide the respective part of the log?  This might help a lot.

If you are only managing a single cluster or so in luci, perhaps
I would recommend you to drop existing luci-internal database and
start all over:

    service luci stop
    rm -i /var/lib/luci/data/luci.db
    service luci start