[Linux-cluster] GFS2 crashes after upgrade RHEL 6.4

Ryan Mitchell rmitchel at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 06:38:11 UTC 2013

Hi Scooter,

On 03/16/2013 07:59 AM, Scooter Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
>      We got the backtrace again on kernel-2.6.32-358.2.1.el6:

Can I ask if you ran fsck on the filesystem after updating to the new
kernel?  I'm wondering if there was some corruption from an earlier
event in the filesystem that has triggered after you updated.

> Bob, you mentioned bz 875753, but Steve mentioned bz 908398.   Both of
> those bugs are closed, so I can't determine if this they are different
> bugs, or related in some way.  Are both supposed to be fixed in
> kernel-2.6.32-358.2.1.el6 or should I put in a ticket and ask for the
> kernel with the fix for 908398?
Bz#875753 and bz#908398 are the same issue.  The former is the master
bug where the issue was initially reported.  The later is the z-stream
bug that is responsible for the fix getting into kernel-2.6.32-358.2.1.el6

It would be great if you could raise a case and upload the vmcore to Red
Hat Support.  I'd like to make sure we've resolved the issue completely.

Regards,

Ryan Mitchell
Red Hat Global Support Services