[Linux-cluster] fence_vmware_soap sslv3 alert certificat unkown

Fredrik Hudner Fredrik.Hudner at evry.com
Fri May 10 06:58:08 UTC 2013

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com] För Marek Grac
Skickat: den 9 maj 2013 09:21
Till: linux-cluster at redhat.com
Ämne: Re: [Linux-cluster] fence_vmware_soap sslv3 alert certificat unkown

On 05/03/2013 04:25 PM, Fredrik Hudner wrote:
> On 05/03/2013 03:33 PM, Fredrik Hudner wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have a pacemaker cluster and need to setup a stonith fencing agent, in this case fence_vmware_soap.
>>
>> Environment:
>> Centos 6.3
>> fence-agents.x86_64
>>
>> I'm running the command manually with different options:
>>
>> # fence_vmware_soap -o off -a vcenter-adress -l
>> drift\vcenter_tdtestclu -p password  -n tdtestclu02 -u 443 Unable to
>> connect/login to fencing device
>>
>> # fence_vmware_soap -o off -a 192.168.231.31 -l
>> drift\vcenter_tdtestclu -p password -z -n tdtestclu02 -u 443 No handlers could be found for logger "suds.client"
>> Unable to connect/login to fencing device
> It looks like you are trying to connect to API on port 443 without
> using ssl (on command line you can use --ssl; no need to use -u)
>
> m,
>
> I thought the -z option did that ?
> Besides if I don't user -u <portnumber> it default to port 23 (telnet)
> and they will never open that in the firewall for me :)

Yes, you are right (there is no need to set a port if it is a default one and -z/--ssl is set). Which version of VMWare do you have? Take a look if it is supported https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/2860 and no work-arounds are needed.

m,

Thanks for the reply Marek,

I think I have come around the problem logging in to the Vcentre.. I investigated the log files in there and it seems like I havet o build a SSL certificate  to access.. So now I have to learn how to rebuild a windows cert to a linux cert, but I think I understand that part

Many thanks
/Fredrik