[Linux-cluster] Adding a node back to cluster failing

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Nov 4 14:31:08 UTC 2013

On 04/11/13 08:33, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Montag, 4. November 2013, 18:50:33 schrieb Rajagopal Swaminathan:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Zama Ques <queszama at yahoo.in> wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> We are having a node two cluster with manual fencing configuration .
>>
>> An HA cluster with manual fencing is no cluster at all.
>
> No. It is a cluster. But it provides no high availability.

Let me echo Zama and Michael.

  Clusters without real fencing are not supported. Manual fencing was
dropped because it's not reliable and it is way too easy for mistakes to
happen.

  Please add real fencing. Test it to make sure it works. I expect
things will start working fine then and you will have no trouble joining
a node back to your cluster.

--
Digimer
access to education?