[Linux-cluster] failover domain and service start

emmanuel segura emi2fast at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 20:42:11 UTC 2013

Hello Paras

I have  a centos 6, i don't know if it is different on redhat 5, but i saw
in the script vm.sh calls do_start function when start parameter is given

do_start()
{
        if [ "$OCF_RESKEY_use_virsh" = "1" ]; then
                do_virsh_start $*
                return $?
        fi

        do_xm_start $*
        return $?
}

i don't know why because the vm.sh uses virsh when you launch the script by
hand :(

2013/11/25 Paras pradhan <pradhanparas at gmail.com>

> Looks like use_virsh=0 has no effect.
>
> --
> [root at cvtst3 ~]# export OCF_RESKEY_name="guest1" ;
> OCF_RESKEY_path="/vms_c" ; OCF_RESKEY_use_virsh=0
> [root at cvtst3 ~]# set -x
> ++ printf '\033]0;%s@%s:%s\007' root cvtst3 '~'
> [root at cvtst3 ~]# /usr/share/cluster/vm.sh start
> + /usr/share/cluster/vm.sh start
> Hypervisor: xen
> Management tool: virsh
> Hypervisor URI: xen:///
> Migration URI format: xenmigr://target_host/
> Virtual machine guest1 is error: failed to get domain 'guest1'
> error: Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByName
>
> <debug>  virsh -c xen:/// start guest1
> error: failed to get domain 'guest1'
> error: Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByName
>
> ++ printf '\033]0;%s@%s:%s\007' root cvtst3 '~'
> [root at cvtst3 ~]# set +x
> + set +x
> ---
>

> -Paras.
>

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM, emmanuel segura <emi2fast at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hellos Paras
>>
>> Stop the vm and retry to start the vm with following commands and if you
>> got some error show it
>>
>> export OCF_RESKEY_name="guest1" ; OCF_RESKEY_path="/vms_c" ;
>> OCF_RESKEY_use_virsh=0
>>

>> set -x
>> /usr/share/cluster/vm.sh start
>> set +x
>>

>> 2013/11/22 Paras pradhan <pradhanparas at gmail.com>
>>
>>> I found the workaround to my issue. What i did is:
>>>
>>> run the vm using xm and then start using cluvscadm. This works for me
>>> for the time being but I am not sure what is causing this. This is what I
>>> did
>>>
>>> xm create /vms_c/guest1
>>> clusvcadm -e vm: guest1 ( This detects that guest1 is up and quickly
>>> changes its status to success)
>>>
>>> Although i used virt-install, it also create a xem format configuration
>>> file and since use_virsh=0 it should be able to use this xen format config
>>> file. This is my vm configuration:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> name = "guest1"
>>> maxmem = 2048
>>> memory = 512
>>> vcpus = 1
>>> #cpus="1-2"
>>> bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
>>> on_poweroff = "destroy"
>>> on_reboot = "restart"
>>> on_crash = "restart"
>>> disk = [ "tap:aio:/vms_c/guest1.img,xvda,w",
>>> "tap:aio:/vms_c/guest1-disk.img,xvdb,w" ]