[Linux-cluster] Can i use 2 nodes from a cluster?

Dan Brown dcmbrown at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 27 05:30:43 UTC 2013

On 23/10/13 01:33 PM, merc1984 at f-m.fm wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 11:13, Elvir Kuric wrote:
>>> If not what are LVS' components?
>> More here http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/
> Thanks, but I've already read through the whole site and could not find
> a clue of LVS components.
>
> In other words, I want to implement LVS in Fedora, without using all the
> disjointed, one-off, disparate, individual apps.

It's been a while since I looked at it but the LVS site was never
organized in a very friendly manner.
Way back in 2008 or so we setup a pair of LVS servers on CentOS4 using
Ultramonkey 3.  We are still using those servers now with our local and
remote data center hosting although we are soon going to finish phasing
those out as we move to Amazon EC2. The Ultramonkey site
(http://ultramonkey.org) was extremely helpful in giving example
configurations and concepts when we first set this up.  The bigger
problem actually turned out to be file replication.  We attempted to use
DRBD+GFS but it was buggy locally and inept across WAN links, then moved
to asynchronous rsync (which is simply a horrible idea with any
significant amount of files/data), then asynchronous csync2 which works
decently well, and now finally gluster which is for the most part a dream.
What happens in your configuration when (not if) your centralized
storage goes down? Is that designed to be HA?

You may also want to check out http://linux-ha.org

----
dcmbrown at shaw.ca