[Linux-cluster] Simple data replication in a cluster

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Thu Apr 3 20:58:30 UTC 2014

I'm looking for a simple way to replicate data within a cluster.

It looks like my resources will be self-configuring and may need to push changes they see to all nodes in the cluster.  The idea being that when a node crashes, the resource will have its configuration present on the node on which it is restarted.  We're talking about a few kb of data, probably in one file, probably text.  A typical cluster would have multiple resources (more than two), one resource per node and one extra node.

Ideas?

Could I use the CIB directly to replicate data?  Use cibadmin to update something and sync?
How big can a resource parameter be?  Could a resource modify its parameters so that they are replicated throughout the cluster?
Is there a simple file replication Resource Agent?
Drdb seems like overkill.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com<mailto:Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com>
May you live in interesting times, may you come to the attention of important people and may all your wishes come true.