[Linux-cluster] PowerEdge R610 idrac express fencing

Pavel Herrmann morpheus.ibis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:09:01 UTC 2014

Hello

On Wednesday 19 of February 2014 20:54:17 Michael Mendoza wrote:
> I contacted DELL and was told it was normal because it was idrac6 Express
> and it use a shared LOM for OS and idrac.
>
> I've rebooted manually the servers and lost connectivity with idrac for 120
> seconds aprox.

This still feels wrong to me.
All my newer dells have an enterprise idrac, but i have one PE2900 without it
(shared port for OS and BMC), and it does work as on would expect

at this point I would probably recommend to get idrac enterprise cards, they
seem to be available rather cheap on ebay.

> The weird thing is fence_ipmilan works from a centos 6.4 server.

as pointed out by Digimer, this might be a bug with older fence_ipmilan,
causing the timeout parameter to be ignored

> We have some others Hp servers with iLo and when I restart the server I
> lost connection with ilo while booting

sorry, I have no experience with HP servers, but as stated above, this is not
how it is supposed to work

regards
Pavel Herrmann