[Linux-cluster] Virtual IP service

Amjad Syed amjadcsu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:27:26 UTC 2014

Hello

I am trying to start a virtual ip service on my 2 node cluster.

Here are the details of the network setting and configuration.

1 : Bond(heartbeat) . This is a private network with no switch involved.
Not available to public
  node1: 192.168.10.11
  node2  : 192.168.10.10

2. Fencing (Ilo) .This one goes through a switch
   node 1: 10.10.63.92
   node2 :  10.10.63.93

3) Public ip addresses
   10.10.5.100 : node1
   10.10.5.20    node2 .

I  have set Virtual IP  as  10.10.5.23 in cluster.conf
  <service autostart="1" exclusive="0" name="IP" recovery="relocate">
                <ip address="10.10.5.23" monitor_link="on" sleeptime="10"/>

However, this Virtual IP does not work since the cman communication is on
192 network. When i try to set cman to 10.10.5.X network, the nodes go into
fence loop, i,e they fence each other

So i am asking, is there a "network-preference option" etc in cluster.conf
that can map virtual IP to private network addresses.

Thank you