[Linux-cluster] [Openais] Newbie clustering questions

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 07:37:50 UTC 2014

Per,

> Hi Jan
>
> Many thanks for your response.
>
> I spent some more time on this yesterday so I found out that the nodes
> needs really to have 2 nics, 2 ip's and the resource ip gets assigned to
> the node that becomes the running node.

You don't need two nics. Even tho it's better, because you have
separated cluster traffic from app traffic.

> I have setup vmware fencing for each node, but I could not see anything in
> the configuration to allow or disallow one node to fence of the other or
> does this happen automagically? apologies if the question seem a bit stupid

Yes, it is happening automatically as long as you've configured fencing
for every node.

> but 1 week ago I started this project with very little experience in
> clustering :)

That's why I'm recommending you to ask linux-cluster at redhat.com and read
some docs
(https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/High_Availability_Add-On_Overview/index.html).