[Linux-cluster] unformat gfs2

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 18:06:40 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> > What is your opinion about this scrip?
> >
> > for ((i = 17; i < 1756377984; ++i)); do gfs2_edit -p $i blockalloc 3
> > /dev/sdb >/dev/null 2>&1; done
> >
> > Could we change all of block allocations to "3"?
>
> Hi,
>
> gfs2_edit segfault for some of it. At the very least, you would be turning
> all your journal blocks to appear like dinodes, as well as all the

This is worth clarifying:

You should be careful with the journals. The journal blocks may look
like dinodes, but they should be marked as data blocks. That's because
the journal's data can contain dinodes. Will fsck.gfs2 figure it out
properly? I don't know. It might, but it might not. Better to be safe
with your data.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems